PDF Explorer > Bug reports

PDF thumbnails are displayed duplicate

(1/3) > >>

dB:
Hello,

Web Interface problem:

Some PDF thumbnails are displayed duplicate, that is to say that two different .PDF displays the same cover.
Even a refresh of the page does not change...

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks

RTT:
What's the full path file name of two of these PDFs with same thumbnail?
The problem is showing in the advanced web interface client, or in the standard one?
If advanced client, try deleting the thumbnails cache, at the c:\MySite\wwwroot\images\thumbs directory.
If you have not installed the advanced client, and have not defined a cache folder (thumbnails configuration panel option), clear your Windows temp folder (type %temp% at the Windows Explorer address bar, to open it)

dB:
Hello,

Thanks for the fast answer...
I'll be back after these verifications...

dB.

Daniel Boutet:
Hello,
Sorry for the delay...

I use advanced client, and I deleted the thumbs directory...
No change... except that the duplicate thumbnails have changed... it seems that duplication run randomly for one, two or three .PDF (116 .PDF in total) ...

dB.

RTT:
Are the duplicates also present in the thumbnails cache folder (to understand if the problem is in the thumbnail creation, or when sending to the client browser)? If yes, as temporary workaround, you may delete only these duplicate thumb images, to force the program to create new ones.

What client browser are you using (so I can test from the same request profile)?

Please let me know the full path file name of two of these files showing duplicates.

I've made some tests and no duplicates yet. This random behavior bugs aren't easy :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version