Author Topic: Search help?!  (Read 6207 times)

user96

Search help?!
« on: November 25, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
Hi,

found your program in the net and it looks quit nice for me.
I´ve installed the trial Version and get an quick test and overview. I have an folder with ~ 7500 pdf´s (drawings) and I would like to search
for filename and also some Information inside the PDF.
Filename works very well and fast but when I search for some numbers inside it is very slow because the system is always looking thru all files.

Is there a possibility to find that Information also in a fast way?

I would like to buy some licenses but only if this work proper.

Many thanks

User96

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Search help?!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »
Index your PDFs text content using the index text words batch tool and then search using the DBSearch scan mode, "indexed contents" look in option.

user96

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »
Thanks for your quick answer!
The system create an index over 7404 files but when I search at your way it dosn´t work...  :(

BR
user96

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:24:55 PM »
The DBSearch is Boolean type, so if any of the indexed PDFs have the words in the expression, in any position and/or sequence (in your case the words "12 AND 523"), will get selected as result. The problem is that the number/reference you are searching  "12 - 523" is not a single word. The method is more suitable for when the searched word(s) is/are unique, or you are able to define a Boolean expression that is unique to the PDF you are looking for.

Also, make sure you select the "Whole words only" option, or else these numbers may be found in the middle of other numbers and so returning false results in your specific search case.

If that type of number/reference is the one you will always use to search for these files, then it would be better to manually fill a custom metadata field with a single word unique reference related to that number (e.g. 12A523).