PDF-ShellTools > General

Win 7 Explorer - SEARCH will not find metadata.

<< < (2/5) > >>

RTT:
Instead of adding the SYSTEM account manually, from the Advanced Security Settings, click the change permissions button and check the "include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" option for each of the folders, beginning at "C:\CURTFILES", and then "C:\CURTFILES\.Indexed Files".
Not sure if needed, but I also have the "Administrators" account included, so after setting the inheritance for "C:\CURTFILES", check if that account is included too, and if not add it manually, before setting the inheritance to the "C:\CURTFILES\.Indexed Files". After, check if the PDFs contained in that folder have also the inheritance set.
Your last screenshot is for a .doc file, but I suppose it is the same for the PDFs?

--- Quote ---I still cannot search for keywords on .pdf files in this folder.
--- End quote ---
It's working in other folders?

curtwpk:
I'll check out what you say.  In the meantime..

Yes, the .pdf files are the same as the .doc files.  Took a picture of the wrong one. ;D

When I look at the files subordinate to my master folder( ".indexed Files" ) , they all show that they inherited security from the folder.

I am experimenting with only one Indexed folder for now.   I cannot search Tags on .pdf files - no matter what folder they are in.

curtwpk:
Frustrating... but I must make this work   :P

I think everything is set as you say.  I have screen shots to show the current state.
The first shot shows the files in /.Indexed Files  .  There is a mix of pdf and .doc.  You can see how they are TAGged.

The second shot shows the SEARCH.  It picks up the .doc file - but not the .pdf files.

The other shots show how inheritance is set.

I DID rebuild the Index.

curtwpk:
Two more pictures

RTT:
That "PDF Professional Filter" reference on the last screenshot is being provided by what software? What PDF IFilter you have installed? Is it working, and you are able to find the PDFs searching for words in the content?
Have you tried to change to the "Index Properties Only" option?

Try this MS Fix It tool.

You may also take a look to the Windows event log to see if there are related errors that may shed some light on the issue.

I've now also tested the last trial version in a Windows 7 32-bit machine, and "no problemo".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version