PDFrizator > General

No sound

(1/4) > >>

gustavomeeuwes:
Hi:
As Cheyenne's post, I'd made a sample presentacion with sound. Presentation is only 4 pages with photos and automatic transition between pages.
I enclose as music an .mp3 file (a short sample).

Save presentation as .pdf.

In Adobe Reader X - Edit - Preferences - Multimedia Options I set as Preferred Multimedia Player, Adobe Flash Player, since I don't have installed Windows Media Player or Quick Time.
In Adobe Reader X - Edit - Preferences - Multimedia Trust Contents: no changes, Default. I think it's OK.

The first time I open presentation  Adobe Reader ask if I trust the document, Say yes and presentation starts. Presentation is OK, but without sound.
A warning Javascript windows appears saying Acrobat error when playing multimedia clip.

I enclose presentation file.

Your help is welcome.
Best Regards
Gustavo

Note: Sorry for my English but I'm from Argentina and all my softs are in Spanish. Hope you understand it.

RTT:
I suppose that if you exit from the full screen mode you see a "Some features have been disabled to avoid potential security risks....) message, just above the PDF page? You can use that message Options button to enable the disabled features, telling Acrobat to trust the document.
Or you can edit the Acrobat Multimedia Trust options, menu- Edit - Preferences - Multimedia Trust. There, select the "Other documents" radio button, and set the "Permission for Windows Built-In Player"  and "Permission for Adobe(R) Flash(R) Player" to "Always".

That warning JavaScript window is not appearing here, so maybe Acrobat is failing to start the Flash Player?
I don't have that setup of only Flash player available to play PDF's multimedia content, so I can't test here.

Your PDF sounds are playing OK here.

gustavomeeuwes:
Hi RTT !
Thanks for your reply. I set preferences as you indicate and when starting playback in above window set it to alwalys trust in this doument.
But still javascript windows appears and stop presentation.

Regrads
Gustavo

gustavomeeuwes:
Hi again.
I did another presentation similar to the other but without sound.
Javascript windows doesn't appears but presentation doesn't play auto. I have to change slides with mouse wheel. I tried as default player "windows default player" and "Adobe flash player" boy no one show presentation in auto mode.
I¡m going to try uninstalling Adobre Reader and Adobe Flash Player and install them again. Just in case.
Or may be try Adobe Reader 9 instead of X?

Regards
Gustavo

RTT:

--- Quote ---But still javascript windows appears and stop presentation.
--- End quote ---
My best guess is that Acrobat fails to run the Flash player.
But why you don't have the "Windows built-in player" option available?

--- Quote ---Javascript windows doesn't appears but presentation doesn't play auto. I have to change slides with mouse wheel
--- End quote ---
Probably you forgot to set the "Display duration" for each of the pages? You can select all the pages at once, and set that value to some seconds. If set to -1, the default, pages will not advance automatically.

--- Quote ---Or may be try Adobe Reader 9 instead of X?
--- End quote ---
Works fine with both here, so the problem is something else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version