Author Topic: Get file name with file path  (Read 6058 times)

risa

Get file name with file path
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »
I want to put the filename with filepath to a grid column (eg. keyword). This is a fixed value and shall not be changed if file is moved etc.
Using [F] in Batch Edit Info field gives the filename. Thought [FP] should give the path, but doesn't work.

Now I export the grid to Excel and copy filename (with filepath) to the column i want, and then Import the CSV file.
Any smarter way to do it?

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Get file name with file path
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »
I have now added the [FP] constant to the tool. This change will be included in the build 59 patch 3.

Meanwhile, you can skip the "edit in Excel" step if you create a custom grid layout, with a dynamic calculated column set to show the file path+filename "FP+F".
You can then export this additional column, already filled with the data you want, and, while importing, you just need to redirect this column to the field you want to use.
Note: You shouldn't export the field you are going to use, e.g. keywords, as final destination of this data, or you will have to unassign it while importing.

risa

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »
Thank's. It works fine.
When is patch 3 expected to be released?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 03:31:41 PM »
When is patch 3 expected to be released?
I have no date yet. Patch releases are essentially to fix bugs, and right now it includes too little fixes to justify a new release.