PDF-ShellTools > Bug reports

pdf cannot be indexed after security change

<< < (2/2)

RTT:
Excellent finding Philipp!
Knowing this, I discovered that files created in folders with the advanced attribute "Index this folder for faster searching" unset, result in files with the "Index this file for faster searching" attribute also unset.
That's exactly what is happening here. The tool creates the new file at the system temp folder, usually disabled for indexation, so, when the tool moves the new pdf to the destination folder, result in a file not enabled for indexation.
I'm now adding code to fix this issue. Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can easily fix this enabling the system Temp folder "Index this folder for faster searching" advanced attribute. Just type %temp%, at Windows Explorer address, to easily locate it.

pk72:
RTT, did you fix this? How can I get an update? The update-function in the "shell tools manager" offers only localization updates, no updates of the program. Can I download and install the current version with my key?
Thanks,
Philipp

RTT:
Yes, it is fixed now and this fix will be included in the next full version release. Right now I'm a bit busy coding other things, but I hope to have some time soon to finish, and public release, the new version.
So keep in touch, and continue to use the workaround for some more time. When new version online, it will show up in the updates and a new release notification email will be sent to all the registered users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version