PDF-ShellTools > Bug reports

PDF ShellTools fails in Vista 64

(1/3) > >>

Ronk:
Trying to add a property in the Vista Explorer details panel for a PDF files causes an error in the system

Ron

RTT:
I suppose you tried it from the 64 Bits Shell? That default Property Handler interface is from the OS itself, not from PDF-ShellTools, so that error is not PDF-ShellTools related.

Unfortunately the PDF-ShellTools are not, yet, 64 bits compliant. Even so, you can full use its functionality if tools are invoked from the 32bits Shell.
Look at this link on how to set up a Desktop shortcut to easily run the Vista 64 32bits Shell when needed.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/211637-explorer32-shortcut-vista-64-bit.html

Let me know if indeed you used the 32bits Shell. I know it works fine that way, but the problem can be related to something else, and that we can investigate.

RjOllos:

--- Quote from: RTT on July 11, 2009, 01:12:46 AM ---Unfortunately the PDF-ShellTools are not, yet, 64 bits compliant.

--- End quote ---

Hello,

Are there plans to add 64-bit support in the near future?  Also, everyone in my office is currently on XP or Vista, but we may be moving to Windows 7 next year.  Do you know if PDF ShellTools works on Windows 7?

RTT:

--- Quote ---Are there plans to add 64-bit support in the near future?
--- End quote ---
I'm waiting that the development language I use, Delphi, gets a 64-bit compiler. It's supposed to happen in 2010.

--- Quote ---Also, everyone in my office is currently on XP or Vista, but we may be moving to Windows 7 next year.  Do you know if PDF ShellTools works on Windows 7?

--- End quote ---
Works fine in Windows 7, if 32-bit.

JimA:
I'm using windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Microsoft won't let me download the XP mode (32 bit) without upgrading to Windows professional.  Any hope for PDF-ShellTools working on Windows 7 64 bit in the near future?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version