Author Topic: Support for MP3 files  (Read 6337 times)

sorento

Support for MP3 files
« on: June 29, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »
Though I know PDFE is tool for managing PDF (chm) files, because it is very easy to use and still powerful I wonder have you consider adding support for more file types?

For example mp3 files and ID tags are similar to pdf and metadata.

If you preserve whole working environment it would be very powerful tool to manage mp3 files and ID tags.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Support for MP3 files
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:13:46 AM »
Yes, already passed my mind too, there are some similarities that can be explored by current PDFE architecture. Even embedded images extraction is possible, and the PDF Veiew tabsheet can be used to present a MP3 player.
But, them I think, PDFE is not well-adapted to deal with some of theses specific MP3 metadata fields. I really don't have a good idea on how to deal with formats that have standard metadata fields diferent from the ones already in use by PDFE.
There is always the possibility to extract these different metatags to PDFE custom ones, and then use a MP3 specific grid layout to show them. But this will work only if user is forced to use this grid layout to deal with MP3, and I really don't know if it is the best way go with. Any idea?

sorento

Re: Support for MP3 files
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:41:38 AM »
I really don't know - It was just remark that metadata in PDF files are similar to tags in MP3 and just few days ago I have to add tags to few albums and it was not so easy as adding metadata to PDF file using PDFE :-)

But maybe it is not so good idea because there is a lot of software to manage MP3 files and you should concentrate more to PDF files and improve the PDFE :-)