Author Topic: PDF Explorer 1.5.0.55 - terminated  (Read 9052 times)

Anonymous

PDF Explorer 1.5.0.55 - terminated
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »
Hello,

i use PDF Explorer 1.5.0.55. My Filebase have 20.000 pdf Files. I will seek on index content. PDF Explorer found the files with seek criteria and view it. After a little Time PDF Explorer terminated.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
Are you saying that PDF Explorer terminate by itself without showing any error message?!

If I understand you say that this occur when you use the DBSearch scan mode to search in the indexed contents.
If yes, this behavior occurs with any search expression?

From that search, how many file results you get?

If you enable the "WholeWordsOnly" option, you get the same problem?

Are all these 20.000 PDF files contents indexed in the PDFE database?
I never tested with so many indexed contents so I'm not sure if this can be, or not, the problem.
For metadata indexation 20.000 files is nothing to PDFE but for indexed contents I have no numbers. If possible email me your PDFE database files. Just create a backup of your database (Database>Backup...) and attach it to an email message.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
Are you saying that PDF Explorer terminate by itself without showing any error message?! yes its correctly

If I understand you say that this occur when you use the DBSearch scan mode to search in the indexed contents.
If yes, this behavior occurs with any search expression? yes

From that search, how many file results you get? 736

If you enable the “WholeWordsOnly” option, you get the same problem? its a good idea - as yet stable

Are all these 20.000 PDF files contents indexed in the PDFE database? yes, its my archiv stand by today
I never tested with so many indexed contents so I’m not sure if this can be, or not, the problem.
For metadata indexation 20.000 files is nothing to PDFE but for indexed contents I have no numbers. If possible email me your PDFE database files. Just create a backup of your database (Database>Backup...) and attach it to an email message. sorry, its to privat - and to big by approximately over 100000 sites

Sincerely
hermann

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »
Hi Hermann,
Thanks a lot for your responses to my questions ;)
I'm going to make some investigations to see if I can find the problem, at least now I know the code involved, but please consider again my access to your PDFE database files. I understand your concern about privacy but remember that in the database I only have individual indexed words, without context. Also I do not know you from anywhere, so, what's the problem ;D
File size is not a problem too. Just use a free file host, like Rapidshare
It is the best way to fix this bug.