Author Topic: pdfe tools?  (Read 7432 times)

Anonymous

pdfe tools?
« on: May 13, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
I've just downloaded PDFE, but it seems that some Tools don't work, for example Extract pages. On the other hand Anonymize works. ???

P.S.: Using the English Guide doesn't help much.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:59:00 PM »
What exactly happen? The tool dialog don't show up?!! Or don't perform as you require?

Tested right now and is working fine, at least with the files I used, so, if problem is file/extract rule related, please give me more details.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:08:00 AM »
... everything works fine until the Extract dialog (what pages; to which folder etc.) appears, then I input the number of pages I want to extract, hit the button to extract, it looks like it does something but there is no new file at the end.
 I've just found that the Move to... function doesn't work as well.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Check if tools work with files found in folders, and with filenames, composed only with ansi characters.
There are some issues with Unicode filenames, introduced in newest build 58 release, I'm trying to address.
If this is not the problem, please point me to a pdf file, and extract expressions used, so I can check what is the cause.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
I'm not a PC geek, but I remember the functions working well with the same files, when I was trying PDF-ShellTools.

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
Great, but if the files are not the problem the only issue I'm aware about the tools when running from PDFE build 58 is related to Unicode directories/filenames, so, if in your case you have one of these situations, Unicode directory/files names, just create a Ansi only directory, e.g. C:\Temp, copy there two of these files and give them a name with only Ansi characters, e.g. File1.pdf and File2.pdf. Check if now the tools work with these files.