Author Topic: Few sugestions  (Read 6958 times)

Anonymous

Few sugestions
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
Hi,
I'm using PDF Explorer for several months and it is very useful tool.
Still there is space for improvements.
I'm using version 1.5.57.
I have few ideas that will make work easier:

1. In section 'Batch Tools- Batch Rename' there could be more options e.g.
I needed make keywords the same as title and I don't know how to do in batch.
In general there could by options for copying metadata from any field to any
other field or fields and from/to any field/fields to/from filename.

2. Memory for last used metadata though there was improvement could contain more fields.
Now it is 10, but it could be at least 50.
Or in the setting could be options how many rows I want.

3. Second think with this quick memory is that how it works.
It does not change order with last using of some words.
If I use e.g. some word and then use 9 other word,
first used word will be at the end of the memory (last row) but if I use it again it is still at the end.
I think it should move again to the first row, to preserve the most used expressions in the memory.
In general row should be arrangement by last using or
add options in settings how to order them.

4. Third think with the memory is that sometimes it is useful to remove some expression from the memory.
E.g. author is very often the same and if I use from time to time others word in this field then I can removed them.
Maybe with this will help paragraph 3 but it will be not bad have something like quick memory manager.

Sorento

RTT

• Administrator
Few sugestions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
1. In section 'Batch Tools- Batch Rename' there could be more options e.g.
I needed make keywords the same as title and I don't know how to do in batch.
In general there could by options for copying metadata from any field to any
other field or fields and from/to any field/fields to/from filename.
It's a good idea to add to the EditInfoFields batch tool. In the current implementation only static text can be used but I suppose the access to other fields to generate the new field content can be useful.
2. Memory for last used metadata though there was improvement could contain more fields.
You can change the default 10 to a maximum of 100 custom fields, in the Custom Fields Settings editor (Database>CustomFieldsSettings...).
Check also this forum thread
Acrobat 8 Mail Metatags
for more custom fields customization options.
first used word will be at the end of the memory (last row) but if I use it again it is still at the end.
Done. The technique is used already in the program, now extended to the info edit tool too. Thanks for mention it.
4. Third think with the memory is that sometimes it is useful to remove some expression from the memory.
E.g. author is very often the same and if I use from time to time others word in this field then I can removed them.
Maybe with this will help paragraph 3 but it will be not bad have something like quick memory manager.
Done, while in QuickInfoEdit mode, we will be able to delete any metadata field edit history entry, right clicking on that entry, in the, at right, quick history access panel.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »

You can change the default 10 to a maximum of 100 custom fields, in the Custom Fields Settings editor (Database>CustomFieldsSettings...).

I probably described it not clearly enough. I don't need more custom fields. I would like to have larger internal memory for last used metadata (I don't know how to call it), it is the same in infoEdit or in QuickInfoEdit Mode. It now contains 10 last used expresions for each field.

Done. The technique is used already in the program, now extended to the info edit tool too. Thanks for mention it.

The same think like second point, I mean internal quick memory.

Done, while in QuickInfoEdit mode, we will be able to delete any metadata field edit history entry, right clicking on that entry, in the, at right, quick history access panel.

In my version it doesn't work. It will work in new version?

Thanks

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »
I probably described it not clearly enough. I don't need more custom fields. I would like to have larger internal memory for last used metadata (I don't know how to call it), it is the same in infoEdit or in QuickInfoEdit Mode. It now contains 10 last used expresions for each field.
I need to sleep more. Reading again, of course you are not referring to custom fields but to the InfoEdit number of history entries.
In next version it will be possible to change the default 10 entries to a maximum of 100 using this registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PDFExplorer\Options]
 "InfoEditHistoryMaxItems"=dword:00000032

In the example set to 50 (32 hex)
For now, no GUI to change it, maybe in future releases.

In my version it doesn't work. It will work in new version?

Yes, changes made only after you suggested, so, will only work for you after new release. In here, already working ;D

It will be possible to:
- Increase the maximum number of history entries
- Automatic entries reorder, putting most used on top of the list.
- Manual reording with drag and drop, from QuickInfoEdit mode quick history access panel.
- Manual delete selected entries from QuickInfoEdit mode quick history access panel.