Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Question: I need a way to extract highlights and comments to a CSV
« Last post by Grant Botes on December 06, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
That's perfect! thank you very much!  :)
General / Re: Question: I need a way to extract highlights and comments to a CSV
« Last post by RTT on December 06, 2017, 01:11:54 AM »
Not possible with the current PDF Explorer public release, but the script functionality of the PDF-ShellTools, v3.1 and up (that will be also available in the next PDFE version), has access to the PDF annotations, so a script can be used to create such functionality.

I've duplicated this forum topic in the PDF-ShellTools section of the forum and have posted there a sample script that dump to a CSV file all the PDF annotations found in each PDF.

That same script will work with the next PDF Explorer, higher than the actual 1.5.66.2, version release.
« Last post by RTT on December 06, 2017, 01:06:40 AM »
The next script will dump all the PDF annotations found in each of the scripted PDF files to a CSV file.
Code: [Select]
var wsShell = pdfe.CreateObject("WScript.Shell");
var dialog = pdfe.SaveDialog;

dialog.DefaultExt = '.csv';
dialog.filter = 'Comma-separated values file (*.csv)|*.csv';
dialog.filename = wsShell.SpecialFolders('MyDocuments') + '\\PDF_Annotations.csv';
dialog.Options = '[ofOverwritePrompt]';

if (dialog.execute) {

var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
    var CSVFile = fso.CreateTextFile(dialog.Filename, 2, true);

//using the more functional TAB character as delimiter   
    var listSep = "\t";
    //var listSep = GetUserListSeparator();   
    var CSVLine = StringFormat('Filename{0}Type{0}Comments{0}Author{0}Date{0}Name', [listSep]);
    CSVFile.WriteLine(CSVLine);
    for (var i = 0; i < pdfe.SelectedFiles.Count; i++) {
        var file = pdfe.SelectedFiles(i);
        pdfe.Echo(file.Filename + ' : Extracting annotations');
        var annotations = file.Annotations;
        if (annotations) {
            for (var n = 0; n < annotations.Count; n++) {
                var annot = annotations(n);
                CSVLine = StringFormat('"{1}"{0}"{2}"{0}"{3}"{0}"{4}"{0}"{5}"{0}"{6}"', [listSep, file.Filename, annot.Type, annot.Contents, annot.Author, annot.Date, annot.Name]);
                CSVFile.WriteLine(CSVLine);
            }
            pdfe.Echo('   ' + annotations.Count + ' annotations extracted');
        } else {
            pdfe.Echo('   Annotations not found.', 0xFF0000);
        }
    }
    CSVFile.Close();

pdfe.Echo('Loading CSV file');
    wsShell.Run(dialog.Filename);
    pdfe.Echo('Done.', 0, 2);
}

//==============================================================================
function StringFormat(s, args) {
    return s.replace(/{(\d+)}/g, function(match, number) {
        return typeof args[number] != 'undefined' ? args[number] : match;
    });
};

//reads the list separator character defined in the user regional settings
function GetUserListSeparator() {
    var wsShell = pdfe.CreateObject("WScript.Shell");
    var ListSeparator = wsShell.RegRead("HKCU\\Control Panel\\International\\sList");
    return ListSeparator ? ListSeparator : ",";
}
Just import the attached myscript file to your PDF-ShellTools list of scripts, test it and let me know if you need any change.
General / Question: I need a way to extract highlights and comments to a CSV
« Last post by Grant Botes on December 06, 2017, 12:58:10 AM »
I'm looking for a way to extract highlights and comments/notes from sets of PDF files into a CSV file. Is there a way to do it in PDF-ShellTools that I might have missed, or perhaps any suggestions in this regard?

Thanks in advance.
General / Question: I need a way to extract highlights and comments to a CSV
« Last post by Grant Botes on December 05, 2017, 09:41:17 AM »
I'm looking for a way to extract highlights and comments/notes from sets of PDF files into a CSV file. Is there a way to do it in PDF Explorer that I might have missed, or perhaps any suggestions in this regard?

Thanks in advance.
General / Re: FIND PDF-ShellTools version 2.6
« Last post by RTT on November 28, 2017, 12:08:41 AM »
Hi, i have a same problem .
Just email me to the support email address, requesting a new download link for that version, and attach to the message a copy of the invoice of the license purchase, or a copy of your license registration email message.
« Last post by alessandro.rosa7 on November 27, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
Hi, i have a same problem .
at 2014-01-11 i have buyed a RTT Software PDF-ShellTools with account alessandro.rosa@dynamicsolutions.it, now this email not is active.
not finding where to download version 2.6.x for the key in my possesion.
can you help my.

Thx
« Last post by RTT on November 11, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
If you are a licensed user, you just need to request a download link, from your license registered email address, to the support email address.
General / FIND PDF-ShellTools version 2.6
« Last post by mica1022 on November 11, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »
Where can download the PDF-ShellTools, version 2.6.X  ?   
Bug reports / Re: Error message with PDFE trial version
« Last post by RTT on November 05, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »
Check with the Windows Event Viewer if there is any application error related to PDFExplorer.exe. To easily find all the events specific to the PDFExplorer.exe process you may create a custom view, with this XML filter:
Code: [Select]
<QueryList>
  <Query Id="0" Path="Application">
    <Select Path="Application">*[EventData[(Data='pdfexplorer.exe')]]</Select>
  </Query>
</QueryList>

You may also try with the process monitor tool, to log all the registry and file system activity generated by the PDFExplorer.exe, so I can check what may be causing this issue.
Just set a filter to monitor only the activity generated by the process named PDFExplorer.exe, enable the Show Registry and Show File System activity toolbar buttons, (as depicted in the attached screenshot) and then run the PDFE until it fails. Take a screenshot of the tool showing the last logged lines or, even better, save the log to a file, zip it, and attach it here to a forum reply.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10