Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug reports / Re: The web interface can not accesse
« Last post by shutong on February 18, 2018, 02:23:00 AM »
First of all, this is a screenshot of the connection address, should not be a problem, after all, I use other software, such as nplayer can transfer files between the phone and computer through the same WiFi;

Second, you know, I want to use PDFE as an electronic library , I can see pdf through any device anywhere, download files on my computer to read.

Finally, I would like to ask, because currently using a trial version, will this be the reason that the impact of the web interface, if I buy a personal Version of the assumption that after the change of computer, but also continue to use it?

Above, thank you for your reply.
General / Re: Adding a date column for current date
« Last post by RTT on February 18, 2018, 01:17:38 AM »
Does these properties missing from the details pane show on the file properties dialog details tab (first attached screenshot)?

Let's check from where is the shell getting the PreviewDetails property list, using the Process Monitor tool.
Run it, set a filter as depicted in the second screenshot and configure it to show registry activity (toolbar button signaled in the screenshot).
Now run the PDF-ShellTools Manager.exe. You should now see some registry activity in the log. Take a screenshot of it, clearly showing the "Path" column, and attach it to a forum reply.

Bug reports / Re: The web interface can not accesse
« Last post by RTT on February 18, 2018, 12:13:13 AM »
Excluding any misconfigured firewall/security tool, accessing from the same LAN is usually straightforward.
What's the address you are entering to connect from that other wi-fi connect device?
Usually it's something like http://ServerPCNetworkName:TCPIPPort (e.g. http://MyWindows10PC:8080), or http://NetworkIP:TCPIPPort (e.g. http://192.162.1.2:8080), as suggested by the web interface tool when it starts. The suggested http://NetworkIP:TCPIPPort may be wrong, if you have more than one network adapter. Even having virtual network adapters, such as the created by VMWare, etc., may result in a wrong suggested IP (that only works locally), but you can manually find the IP easily.

Accessing from the Internet it's a bit more complicated. You have to configure the Internet router to forward the incoming TCP traffic in the Port you are going to use, to the PC IP:Port where the PDF Explorer web server is running:listening. The same procedure needed for any other HTTP server service, so not specific to PDFE. There are plenty of Internet sites explaining this. Here is one.
Bug reports / The web interface can not accesse
« Last post by shutong on February 17, 2018, 05:47:37 PM »
When I open the server and enter the access address in the other computers on the same Wi-Fi, it can not be accessed; in addition, the access address of the extranet can not be accessed. However, the software installed on the laptop can open the LAN link address, and search, download and other operations are normal.
« Last post by Alarmguy on February 17, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »
Hello again
I hope the attachment is what you are looking for. I will make the change in the names you suggested.
Thanks
« Last post by RTT on February 16, 2018, 01:06:39 AM »
In the supposed zipped PDF-ShellTools settings backup I requested, you attached instead a zipped PDF document! A mistake or you misunderstood what I requested?
What I requested is a stsettings.dat file that is created when you create a backup of your PDF-ShellTools configuration, as explained in my previous reply.

Please run this PDF-ShellTools diagnostic tool.  It just grab the state of relevant keys from your Windows registry.
Run it, select all the text that will show up, paste it in a text editor, save it to a .txt file and attach that file to a forum reply.

PS: From what I can see from your first screenshot, but no relevant to the problem, take note that it is not a good practice to keep these generic property names (i.e. PDFCustom#) to name the properties. You should always give it a meaningful name, that defines the data that it will store.
« Last post by Alarmguy on February 15, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
As requested - I hope it helps
Thanks
« Last post by RTT on February 15, 2018, 12:25:32 AM »
Please attach to a forum reply a screenshot, as the first in my above reply, showing the custom properties you are defining.
Attach also a zipped backup of your settings. You create this backup from the manager bottom left "settings" named button, "backup" menu item.
« Last post by Alarmguy on February 14, 2018, 04:53:54 PM »
And I'm back.   This worked like a charm but only for one item . When I tried to add more the check mark would never stay when I applied changes. when I went back to the list the item would be there but not checked. Any ideas? - Thanks
« Last post by RTT on February 08, 2018, 08:44:10 PM »
Start by creating a custom property that will hold that sent date value. To do this, run the manager.exe, select the property handler extension item add a new property, name it accordingly to the data that will save, and set its data type. Check first attached screenshot for details.

Now change to the "details pane items" named tab and set the new property to show on the Windows Explorer details panel. Now click the "apply changes" button to register the new property in the Windows property system. See second screenshot for details.

You can now set this property to show as a Windows Explorer column and view, edit and sort by, from various places, such as the Windows Explorer details pane, file properties details tab, etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10