Author Topic: DWFX to PDF  (Read 11544 times)

thansen012461

DWFX to PDF
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »
Will any of your tools convert an AutoCAD dwfx file to PDF?  Acrobat will convert DWF but not DWFX?

RTT

• Administrator
Re: DWFX to PDF
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:27:40 PM »
My tools can't do this conversion but it's easy to do it with Windows 10. The Microsoft XPS Viewer is able to open .dwfx files, you can then convert to PDF by printing it using the also Win10 included "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer driver.

Sasquatch

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:20:31 AM »
Interesting, I thought it was going to be impossible. Time to download windows 10.

Stever

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 03:22:28 PM »
My tools can't do this conversion but it's easy to do it with Windows 10. The Microsoft XPS Viewer is able to open .dwfx files, you can then convert to PDF by printing it using the also Win10 included "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer driver.

Wow. It is actually working! Hah I've been struggling with that for a while now. I didn't think of such a simple solution. Thanks!
“Enjoy it. Because it's happening.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being A Wallflower

JohanAlst

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:39:54 AM »
And this was why i came here aswell. Iv tryed hard to keep my Win 8 but i guess i have no choice now. Any plans to implement it in the future?
Always curious about the neighbour :)

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 05:27:13 PM »
Not in the near future.
The XPS Viewer is also available in Win 8 so you only need a print to PDF virtual printer driver, and there are plenty available, even freeware.
But if you like Win 8, Win 10 is, IMO, a much better Windows version.