Author Topic: Quick Export  (Read 6050 times)

Padanges

Quick Export
« on: October 14, 2016, 07:12:09 AM »
Hi,
I would like to create a custom script for Quick selected entries export for all available columns with a header to a clipboard. It's a very handy trick. The only missing code puzzle is how to make layout grid export using custom scripts, that is, without any input dialogs. Could you provide help with some code lines?

Thanks in advance

RTT

• Administrator
Re: Quick Export
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 05:05:59 PM »
Currently there is no way to know what columns are shown in the grid, but all the fields, even if now showing, are available from the scripts environment. Take a look to the "Export metadata to MS Excel or OpenOffice Calc" sample script.
If the goal is to only export the visible in the grid, then this info needs to be made available. I will look into this.

Padanges

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
Take a look to the "Export metadata to MS Excel or OpenOffice Calc" sample script.
I was unable to find your reference neither in the forum, nor in the manual. Could you give a more specific reference?
I was asking whether it is possible to use "Export Grid Fields..." command in Custom Scripts. I just want to (quick) export selected entries into a text file.
I would prefer to export only visible columns (Info Fields) but it would be OK to be able to export at least all the db info fields. Can we do that?

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 04:20:26 PM »
Take a look to the "Export metadata to MS Excel or OpenOffice Calc" sample script.
I was unable to find your reference neither in the forum, nor in the manual. Could you give a more specific reference?
Second script in the scripts batch tool sample scripts list. Check the first screenshot in the my scripts user's guide chapter.

I was asking whether it is possible to use "Export Grid Fields..." command in Custom Scripts. I just want to (quick) export selected entries into a text file.
Your first post is about exporting to the clipboard, not into a text file. Anyway, clipboard or text file will need the same steps to produce the data.
I would prefer to export only visible columns (Info Fields) but it would be OK to be able to export at least all the db info fields. Can we do that?
The above referred sample script teach you about how to iterate all the fields. That's just what's needed to generate a .csv formatted data structure you can then put easily in the clipboard or text file.
Try to code it yourself, and post here your tentative script if you encounter any difficulty.