Author Topic: problems with batch tool: to index text  (Read 6358 times)

dp

problems with batch tool: to index text
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »
Hi,

just moved the pdfxplorer and the database to a new server. all pdfs are shown. but when I try to index the text by the batch tool, I get the error message: error/bug in programm

In the webserver I can search for all pdfs by information field, but understandably not by the index information.

Do you know this error message respectivley have any idea what´s the problem?

thx,

dp

RTT

• Administrator
Re: problems with batch tool: to index text
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:48:06 PM »
First make sure you are using the last PDFE version, 1.5 Build 59.  Early versions don't fix some of the database errors that produce this kind of error messages.
Now open the database editor, under menu Database>Edit, and if the optimize button is enabled click it to optimized the database. If indeed the optimize operation finish successfully, try now to index the PDFs text content to see what happens.

If problem persist, let's try with a clean database. First backup your actual PDFE database, menu Database>Backup, and now from the database editor selected the database tree root node and delete it, confirming you want to start with a clean database. Now index some PDFs and check if the text content indexer now works fine, and if yes, some bug specific to your old database state is the responsible, but because this error message is generic, and show for any unexpected error, I can't give you a solution without access to the backup copy of your database.

RTT

• Administrator
Re: problems with batch tool: to index text
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »
Another thing you may try first is to delete the database files used by the text content indexer. If they were created by v1.5 build 58, or early versions, there is a big chance they contain errors.
Exit PDFE, go to PDFE data folder (just type %appdata%\PDF Explorer at Windows Explorer address) and delete the next files:

PDFEInd.dls
PDFEInd.hbs
PDFEInd.hta
PDFEInd.hts

Now start PDFE, open the database editor, menu Database>Edit, and click the optimize button. This will clear the, now invalid, indexed files reference for indexed content. Now you can try again to index PDFs text content to see if now works.