Author Topic: PDF-ShellTools trial problem  (Read 7534 times)

Anonymous

PDF-ShellTools trial problem
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
Hi! I've tried to extract some pages from a pdf document, but I cannot read the new pdf reducted document. A popup window appears with the message "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired"
The original pdf file was created with "Adobe Acrobat 6.02 Image Conversion Plug-in". Is this a bug of the program? How could I try to extract from Adobe Acrobat 6.02 Image Conversion Plug-in files? I would be sure to purchase a program that works with EVERY pdf file...

Thanks for your work!

All the best

Gabriele

RTT

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:33:00 AM »
Almost sure, this is some kind of incompatibility with your PDF files internal structure and a bug in my tools code.
If possible, please, email me one of these PDFs so I can use it to test and fix the buggy code.

Anonymous

Problem solved...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Hi all! I had some problem opening splitted pdf files but, thank to RTT, I've solved it. The core of the problem was my old acrobat reader version (5.0). I think that old versions could not open correctly a new-coded pdf file, or a file splitted/modified with PDFST...

RTT told me to use another program to open my pdfs (like FoxitReader...)

Hope this post could help who, like me, found problems opening splitted pdf files...

Thanks again, RTT!

All the best

Gabriele